Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chapter 15 EPOV Snippet


I was having a hard time focusing, knowing that Bella was meeting with Alice.
Bella was coming over after her lunch with Alice and I hoped that by then, her and Alice would be back on good terms.
Three hours later though, she hadn't called or come over. I tried to focus on the baseball game that I was watching, but my mind kept drifting.
Had things gone bad with Alice? I decided to call her. I didn't want to come off as clingy, but having Bella neither call or text worried me. It was unlike her.
My worries didn't cease though when my call went straight to voicemail.
For the next two hours, I tried to ignore the nagging feeling that something was wrong and instead tried to get back into the game.
Two hours later though, I answered it immediately, hoping it was Bella.
"Hello?"
"Um, hello. Edward?" A gruff voice asked.
"Yes, this is Edward."
"It's Chief Swan, Charlie." When I didn't respond, he added "Bella's dad."
Dread instantly hit me.
"Y-yes. Is everything okay?"
"It's Bella. There's been an accident. I need you to go to Northwest hospital," he said. I could tell that he was fighting back emotion.
As soon as he said it, I felt my world tilt on it's axis.
"Is she okay?" I asked.
"She's, well. She's not awake right now. Alice is fine, mostly. A few bumps and bruises and a broken arm. Bella got the worse of it."
I swallowed thickly and told him I'd be right over.
I quickly got my shoes on and put the dogs in their room.
The entire drive to the hospital was agonizing.
I was a wreck.
I just got Bella. We just found each other.
I couldn't lose her now.

1 comment: